Newborn baby massage has a beneficial effect on the health of the baby!
Experts say that this is an effective way to strengthen the muscles of the crumbs and improve the digestive system, and also massage is a good prevention of diseases, which additionally helps the coordinated work of all systems in the body. But the most important thing: through gentle warm touches of loving hands, we build a close and sensitive relationship with our little one!
What is the best way to massage the baby?
- Consult your doctor and get helpful recommendations.
- It is better to begin to massage when the baby is 1 month old.
- As with everything, in this matter the main thing is regularity. Highlight a massage for 10 minutes a day.
- Always massage in a good mood. Smile and talk to the baby – child psychologists have come to the conclusion that it is useful for the psyche and the development of the child.
- Keep your hands warm, soft and pleasant to the touch.
- All your movements should be smooth and light. Start with small rubbing and vibrations (shaking hands and feet).
- The optimal time for a massage is a day, about an hour after feeding.
- Infants should not be massaged for longer than 10 minutes.
Newborn baby massage collection
Baby stomach massage:
From 3 weeks on, crumbs can begin to colic. To help him, massage his stomach with very light circular movements in a clockwise direction. Read more about baby massage for colic and gas.
Baby chest massage:
First, perform circular strokes clockwise, and then move on to light vibrations (to do this, grasp the baby’s chest with palms so that four fingers are located below and thumbs are on top. Very easily shake the baby).
Baby hands massage:
First stroke the handles, and then spread them apart and shake them lightly.
Baby massage for legs:
Light strokes with one palm or enveloping strokes with two palms are suitable.
Baby massage for the back.
It is very important to know that babies should not be massaged in the spine. At this age, the back can only be gently ironed. To do this, put the crumbs on your stomach. Now put one hand on the child’s butt, and slowly move the other from the back of the head to the bottom and back. In this case, you can alternate the back and inner sides of the palm. This technique very well relaxes and soothes the baby.